Pages

11.05.2010

One week :)

Yay!

I just spent the past couple of hours catching up with Kristen! She was deployed earlier this year to Afghanistan and recently came home, so it was great to finally spend time with her again :) I love that girl.

Next week I'll be in Missouri with C! Our first Marine Corps Ball, here we come! I'm really looking forward to meeting all of his buddies and their girlfriend. Oh and my dress is amazing, if I do say so myself. When I watch Say Yes to the Dress, they always talk about "the moment" when you know that the dress is "the one". Alright, so I really can't compare it to finding a wedding dress, but there was definitely a moment of clarity when I stepped of out of the dressing room with this one on.

Otherwise, I have been spending my spare time looking up decorating ideas, websites like Rate my Space and whatnot. It's addicting! Here's one of the many, many images I have saved for inspiration. (Yes, I'm a freak, haha!)


I think this layout would work really well!

Or.. a couch like this


I have quite a few ideas for how we can arrange things once we get a house to make it feel like a home! With most of the places I've lived, I had roommates and we never took the time to make it our own space. We just brought our furniture with us, arranged it in a room, and called it good. I want to make things feel like "Hey, that looks like it belongs there" or "Hey, this room feels really cozy". Just to have it look like we even made an effort to bring it all together would be enough for me, haha!

Anyhoo. This long got kinda long so I will end it here.

Goodnight!

1 comment:

  1. You are not a freak at all! Searching sites for design ideas is so much fun! I hope you post pictures of how you design your new space. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete