I don't know how I managed to go nearly a month in North Carolina without visiting it, but I knew I wanted it to be a perfect day when I finally did see it for the first time. So, under the guise of a trip to Lowe's, C. surprised me with a trip to the beach :)
It felt about 50 degrees in the sun, but it a little cooler with the breeze. That didn't affect me though, I was just so elated to be on a beach in January! We walked up and down the shore, watched some people surfing, and picked seashells. I now have a handful of shells that I'm not quite sure what to do with. They'll most likely end up in some sort of craft project eventually. I'll probably send a couple to my parents back home in Michigan. I call them nearly every day and they're both excited for me to be out and seeing the country, because they never really got to travel.
Oh, the worst part of it? I forgot my camera! Since he didn't tell me that we were going to the ocean, but rather Lowe's, I didn't even fathom to bring it. That's alright though, like he said, there will be plenty more opportunities to take pictures at the beach.
Later that afternoon, I went out to my friend's house for a little get together. C. stayed home and built himself a gear tree and had his brother over for steaks and potatoes on his new grill. The food was awesome, and so was the company! I met some great new people and we sat around the fire for hours. It was the perfect ending to a perfect day.There were also six dogs out there at one point, and it just made me want to get one of our own that much more. Hopefully soon :)
Until next time.
Oh, the beaches in NC are beautiful. I have family in the Raleigh area so we took a day trip to Wilmington, so pretty! I too collected a ton of shells!
ReplyDelete